The mission of the Alliance for Excellent Education is to promote high school transformation to make it possible for every child to graduate prepared for postsecondary learning and success in life.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a Washington, DC–based national policy, practice, and advocacy organization dedicated to ensuring that all students, particularly those who are traditionally underserved, graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship.
The Alliance works to encourage the development and implementation of federal and national policies that support effective high school reform and increased student achievement and attainment. It works to synthesize and distribute research and information about promising practices that enlightens the national debate about education policies and options. The Alliance provides sound, objective, nonpartisan advice that informs decisions about policy creation and implementation. Working with educators, researchers, business leaders, citizen groups, and decisionmakers at the local, state, and national levels, the Alliance develops federal policy recommendations and advocates to policymakers in the federal government.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and Organizational Culture Statement
In its pursuit of improved educational outcomes for all students, particularly those traditionally underserved, the Alliance for Excellent Education (the Alliance) is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion both internally and externally, as reflected in the following values:
- The pursuit of an equitable education for traditionally underserved students, where students from historically underrepresented backgrounds are prioritized in the Alliance’s policy and advocacy efforts, to ensure they receive the necessary supports and resources to excel academically and be ready for college and a career alongside their peers.
- A staff that embodies and respects diversity in all its forms—talent, work experience, perspectives, lifestyles, backgrounds, and beliefs.
- The belief that Alliance staff members, board members, researchers, partner organizations, donors, and supporters should reflect and value the diversity of America, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, culture, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental and physical ability, religion, age, and linguistics.
- The solicitation, comprehension, and incorporation of diverse perspectives into the Alliance’s internal and external work.
- Equitable, respectful, innovative, and authentic engagement not only within the Alliance, but also with partners including state and district leaders, policymakers, and advocates.
- Ongoing efforts to fortify vigorous personal and professional commitment to servingtraditionally underserved students.
Because of these commitments, the Alliance seeks to create an organizational work culture that embodies a safe work environment that encourages the sharing of ideas through vigorous but respectful debate that builds and promotes trust while recognizing all staff members as equals;
- a safe work environment that encourages the sharing of ideas through vigorous but respectful debate that builds and promotes trust while recognizing all staff members as equals;
- high performance, productivity, efficiency, and impact while respecting work/life balance;
- provision of necessary professional development and leadership opportunities to ensure the organization’s continued growth;
- celebration of individual and team accomplishments and milestones; and
- teamwork and a high level of collaboration.
The Alliance believes these commitments will help it reach its goal and develop the policies, resources, and tools to ensure that all students, particularly those traditionally underserved, have equitable access to a high-quality education that will propel them into a successful postsecondary life and career.