- Bill Bass, Innovation Coordinator for Instructional Technology, Information, Library Media and Federal Programs, Parkway School District (MO), @billbass
- Shannon McClintock Miller, Future Ready Librarian Spokesperson, District Teacher Librarian Innovation Director, Van Meter Community School (IA), @shannonmmiller
On June 2, 2021, Shannon McClintock Miller and Bill Bass kicked off of the Future Ready Librarians® first annual summer book club. This five-week book club is a chance for all of us to reflect, grow, and celebrate our role as Future Ready Librarians.
We kicked off our summer book club with a conversation around Shannon and Bill’s book, Leading from the Library…Help Your School Community Thrive In The Digital Age. The book will spark conversations and learning around leadership, building partnerships, knowing your culture, telling your story and being a champion, and leading through equity.
Shannon and Bill shared:
- ideas for how to make an impact within a school community;
- stories about how librarians can build an impactful relationship with school leadership;
- tips and tricks on how to lead from the library; and
- inspiration for building an impactful library program that supports student learning.
Watch now and join the club.
If you want to join the ongoing discussion, use the code “LibraryLeader35” to purchase the print or digital version at the ISTE store.
About Leading from the Library. Help Your School Community Thrive In The Digital Age.
The modern school library supports education in a variety of ways. One essential role librarians play is that of a leader who works collaboratively to build relationships, mold culture and climate, and advocate for the needs of students and the community.
In this book, a librarian and an education leader team up to reflect on the librarian’s ability to build connections in two ways. First, they discuss the benefits of bringing the outside world into the library through the use of social media, videoconferencing and other tools that allow librarians to partner with others. Then they expand upon these connections by addressing how librarians can lead in the greater educational community by sharing resources and strategies and partnering with school leaders to tell the story of the school community.
Please direct questions concerning the webinar to Future Ready’s Lia Dossin at email@example.com. If you are unable to watch the webinar live, please register to receive the video archive directly in your inbox.