Vol. 9 No. 7
April 06, 2009
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 9, No. 7
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- CONGRESS BEGINS BUDGET DEBATE: House and Senate Budget Plans Accommodate President Obama’s Education Proposals
- Duncan Proposes No Changes to Recent High School Graduation Rate Regulations
- SHORT SIGHTED: New Alliance Report Calls on United States to be a More Active Participant in International Benchmarking
- “NEITHER REST NOR TRANQUILITY”: Former Senior Advisor to British Prime Minster Says School Reform in the United States is at a “Critical Juncture;” Decisions Today Will Impact America’s Capacity to Succeed in the Future
- Virginia’s Use of Individual Student Identifier Leads to More Reliable Dropout Data