Vol. 9 No. 22
November 23, 2009
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 9, No. 22
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- URBAN RENEWAL: New Alliance Research Shows U.S. Urban Economy Will Grow By Billions of Dollars If High School Dropout Rate is Reduced in America’s Fifty Largest Cities
- Stay Tuned: Alliance to Release Additional Economic Figures on January 12
- WHEN CARS FLY?: Report Projects State Revenues to Recover in 2014 or 2015, Recessionary Effects on State Budgets to Last Until Late in Next Decade
- GRADUATION FOR ALL: House Education Committee Chairman Introduces Legislation Targeting Nation’s Lowest-Performing High Schools
- HOUSE SUBCOMMITTEE HOLDS HEARING ON IMPROVING READING AND COMPREHENSION SKILLS OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG ADULTS
- SUCCESS AT EVERY STEP: New Report Profiles Twenty-Three Programs that Help Prepare Students for College and Career