Vol. 9 No. 20
October 26, 2009
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 9, No. 20
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- INFORMING ADOLESCENT LITERACY POLICY AND PRACTICE: Alliance Brief Offers Lessons Learned from Federal Efforts to Improve Literacy Skills of Middle and High School Students
- THE CONSEQUENCES OF DROPPING OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL: Average High School Dropout Has a Negative Net Fiscal Contribution to Society of $5,200, Says New Report
- AVERAGED FRESHMAN GRADUATION RATE: U.S. Department of Education Reports 73.9 Percent Graduation Rate for 2006-07 School Year
- Virginia Reports 83.2 Percent Graduation Rate for Class of 2009
- THE NEXT GENERATION OF SCHOOL ACCOUNTABILITY: New Report Examines How to Improve Graduation Rates and Student Achievement Levels in SREB States