Vol. 9 No. 18
September 28, 2009
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 9, No. 18
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- “QUALITY EDUCATION TOO LONG DELAYED IS EDUCATION DENIED”: In Campaign-Like Speech, Secretary Duncan Turns Up the Heat on ESEA Reauthorization
- GRADUATION PROMISE ACT: New Legislation Would Provide $2.5 Billion for Low-Performing High Schools
- Appropriations Update: With Appropriations Bills Behind Schedule, Congress to Enact a One Month Continuing Resolution to Keep the Federal Government Running
- ALLIANCE FOR EXCELLENT EDUCATION UNVEILS NEW MODEL LINKING HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES TO ECONOMIC RECOVERY
- HELPING STUDENTS NAVIGATE THE PATH TO COLLEGE: New Report From the What Works Clearinghouse Examines What High Schools Can Do to Boost College Enrollment