Vol. 9 No. 17
September 14, 2009
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 9, No. 17
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- THE HIGH COST OF HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUTS: New Alliance Brief Says Dropouts from the Class of 2009 Represent $335 Billion in Lost Income
- FREE FALLIN’: United States Falls to Number Two in World Competitiveness Rankings, Number Thirty-Six in Health and Primary Education
- ACHIEVING A WEALTH OF RICHES: New Alliance Brief Examines How Teachers Can Use Data to Transform Teaching and Learning
- INTERNATIONAL LESSONS ABOUT NATIONAL STANDARDS: New Report Calls for an Independent Organization to Lead U.S. Standards Effort
- Registration Now Open for National Career Academy Coalition’s Annual Conference