Vol. 9 No. 15
July 27, 2009
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 9, No. 15
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- RACE TO THE TOP: Obama, Duncan Outline Requirements of $4.35 Billion Program
- House of Representatives Passes Education Appropriations Bill; Senate Committee to Begin Its Work on July 28
- PREPARING THE WORKERS OF TODAY FOR THE JOBS OF TOMORROW: President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers Finds Occupations Requiring Higher Education Will Grow Faster Than Occupations That Do Not
- WHOLE-SCHOOL REFORM: New Alliance Brief Calls for Comprehensive Approach to Transform the Nation’s Low-Performing High Schools
- EXAMINING THE “PLATEAU EFFECT”: New Report Finds Phenomenon is Less Prevalent Than Previously Believed