Vol. 8 No. 5
March 10, 2008
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 8, No. 5
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- TWO ROADS DIVERGED IN A HEARING ROOM: Congressional Hearing on the Federal Education Budget Previews Two Possible Paths for Spending Decisions
- One in One Hundred Adults Are Behind Bars in the United States
- HOUSE AND SENATE COMMITTEES REPORT BUDGET PLANS: Blueprints Call for Spending More Overall than the President’s Budget and Increases for Education Programs
- “WHAT KEEPS GOOD TEACHERS IN THE CLASSROOM?”: New Alliance Issue Brief Examines Which Teachers Leave and Why
- STATE OF THE STATE ADDRESS: Crist Seeks Additional Funding for Merit Pay for Teachers