Vol. 8 No. 3
February 25, 2008
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 8, No. 4
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- THE VALUE OF ENHANCED READING OPPORTUNITIES IN HIGH SCHOOLS: Report Finds Supplemental Reading Programs Can Improve High School Students’ Test Scores
- CLOSING THE EXPECTATIONS GAP: Achieve Grades States on High School Reform Efforts
- AP REPORT TO THE NATION: Advanced Placement Participation Increases While Mean Scores Decrease
- DO YOUR HOMEWORK!: MetLife Survey Finds Connections Between Attitude About Homework and Student Achievement, Career Aspirations
- STATE OF THE STATE ADDRESSES: A Focus on Boosting College Graduates in Ohio and on Retaining Quality Teachers in Wisconsin