Vol. 8 No. 23
December 15, 2008
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 8, No. 23
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events both in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. The Alliance for Excellent Education is a nonprofit organization working to make it possible for America’s six million at-risk middle and high school students to achieve high standards and graduate prepared for college and success in life. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- MORE GOOD, LESS BAD, AND STILL NEED FOR IMPROVEMENT: Latest International Test Reveals U.S. Progress in Math and Narrowing Achievement Gaps, but No Improvement in Science
- ECONOMIC WOES HIT STATES: Education Spending Cut as Recession Affects State and Local Budgets
- Teachers, Professors Get Creative to Raise Money During Tight Budget Environments
- MEASURING UP: Report Finds States Make Little to No Improvement in Providing Access to College and Ensuring Success
- NEW BRIEF EXAMINES THE ROLE OF CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION IN CAREER GUIDANCE
- Happy Holidays from the Alliance for Excellent Education!