Vol. 7 No. 7
April 02, 2007
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 7, No. 7
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- CONGRESS MOVES FORWARD WITH BUDGET PLAN FOR FY 2008: House and Senate Spending Blueprints Include Significant Increases for Education Programs
- STRIVING READERS ACT INTRODUCED IN U.S. SENATE: Bill Seeks to Improve Reading Skills of Older Students
- REALIZING A COMPETITIVE EDUCATION: Alliance President Bob Wise Testifies Before Senate Finance Committee
- VOICES ON STUDENT ENGAGEMENT: Survey of High School Students Reveals Boredom, Lack of Engagement
- GETTING DOWN TO FACTS: California School Finance Study Calls for Mix of Additional Money and Reform