Vol. 7 No. 4
February 20, 2007
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 7, No. 4
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- FY 2007 FUNDING BILL SIGNED INTO LAW: U.S. Department of Education to Receive Increase
- THE HIGH COST OF HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUTS: Alliance Analysis Pegs Cost of 2006 Dropouts at $309 Billion
- RETURN ON INVESTMENT: Federal Reserve Chairman Says that a Greater Investment in Education Could Reduce Income Inequality Among Americans
- BEYOND NCLB: Bipartisan Commission on NCLB Issues Recommendations on Improving Landmark Education Law
- STATE OF THE STATES: Governors Highlight Return on Investments in Education, Push Stronger Standards