Vol. 7 No. 21
November 05, 2007
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 7, No. 21
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- FOCUS ON DROPOUT FACTORIES: Associated Press Article Spotlights Low-Performing High Schools, Draws Criticism from Many School Officials
- THE HIGH COST OF HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUTS: New Alliance Brief Pegs Cost of Class of 2007 Dropouts at $329 Billion
- SENATE PASSES EDUCATION FUNDING BILL BY “VETO-PROOF” MARGIN: Battle with the White House Over Spending Expected in Coming Weeks
- BUDGET SHOWDOWN 2007: New Issue Brief Examines Facts Behind Education Funding
- WHO’S SMART?: U.S. Department of Education Releases Grant Recipient Numbers for Academic Competitiveness and SMART Grants