Vol. 7 No. 14
July 09, 2007
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 7, No. 14
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- IN NEED OF IMPROVEMENT: New Alliance Brief Finds Flaws in NCLB’s Design and Implementation for the Nation’s High School
- NEA WELCOMES PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES TO ITS ANNUAL MEETING: Eight Candidates for the Nation’s Highest Office Address Delegates
- AMERICANS SPEAK: Seventh Annual Survey From ETS Finds Majority of the Public Supports NCLB Reauthorization
- A SOLID INVESTMENT: New Alliance Publication Finds Strong Evidence to Justify a Major New Federal Effort to Support Adolescent Literacy
- GRADUATION PROMISE ACT INTRODUCED IN HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: New Legislation Would Provide $2.5 Billion for Lowest- Performing High Schools