Vol. 7 No. 13
June 25, 2007
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 7, No. 13
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- A PLAN FOR SUCCESS: Alliance Joins Nine National Organizations Representing Communities of Color in Historic Campaign for High School Equity
- LITERACY INSTRUCTION IN THE CONTENT AREAS: New Report Calls for Advanced Literacy Skills for All Students, Reading Instruction Across the Curriculum
- SENATE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEE APPROVES EDUCATION FUNDING BILL: Dispute Over Earmarks Delays House Action
- READY FOR WHAT?: New Education Week Report Examines Graduation Rates, Relationship Between Education and Income
- THE HIGH COST OF TEACHER TURNOVER: New Analysis Pegs National Cost of Teacher Turnover at $7.3 Billion