Vol. 6 No. 18
October 06, 2006
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 6, No. 18
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- GONE CAMPAIGNIN’: Congress Delays Decision on Education Spending Until After Election Day
- “THE PROBLEM IS LITERACY IN THE MIDDLE GRADES”: Sharp Drop in Reading Scores After Fifth Grade Leads to Concern in New York State
- NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME: Latest Test Results in California Show 75 Percent of High School Juniors Are Not College Ready
- WE’RE NUMBER…SIX?: United States Drops from Number One to Number Six in Global Competitiveness Rankings
- WINDOWS ON CONVERSIONS: New Toolkit Provides Educators with a First-Hand Look at School Redesign