Vol. 6 No. 16
September 06, 2006
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 6, No. 16
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- PAYING DOUBLE: United States Spends Over $1.4 Billion Annually on Remedial Education for Recent High School Graduates
- ACT SCORES ON THE RISE: Class of 2006 Shows Improvement, but Majority of High School Graduates Still Unprepared for Success in College
- PRESIDENT SIGNS PERKINS REAUTHORIZATION INTO LAW: New Law Boasts Greater Focus on College and Work Preparation
- OPEN WIDE AND SAY “AHH”: NGA Annual Checkup Finds Some States Making Progress in Implementing Graduation Rate Reporting Agreement
- “LITERACY SUSTAINS DEVELOPMENT”: International Literacy Day Draws Attention to 1 in 5 People Worldwide Who Cannot Read or Write