Vol. 6 No. 15
July 24, 2006
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 6, No. 15
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- SENATE COMMITTEE REPORTS EDUCATION SPENDING BILL: Senate Appropriations Bill Continues Cuts to Education Funding; Striving Readers Program One of Few to See Increase
- “ALTERED STATES”: Economic Analysis Credits Investments in Education and Innovation for Higher State Per Capita Incomes
- FINDINGS FROM 20 STATES: Report Examines High-Performing Schools to Determine Best Practices
- TEST SCORES FALL FOR MICHIGAN’S HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES: New High School Graduation Requirements Can’t Come Fast Enough
- PITTSBURGH SCHOOL BOARD QUESTIONS RAND CORPORATION STUDY ABOUT CITY’S GRADUATION RATE