Vol. 6 No. 14
July 10, 2006
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 6, No. 14
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- WHO’S COUNTED? WHO’S COUNTING?: New Alliance Report Examines Graduation Rate Reporting, Addresses Public Confusion, Presents Policy Solutions
- IMPROVING LITERACY IN MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOLS: Taking the Alabama Reading Initiative to the Next Level
- PUBLIC EDUCATION AND BLACK MALE STUDENTS: Report Finds Large Graduation Gaps Between White and Black Male Students
- KEEPING OUR EDGE: U.S. High Schools Don’t Prepare Students to Compete Internationally, Say Most Americans
- NEW GRANT PROGRAM OPEN TO COLLEGE STUDENTS WHO COMPLETE A RIGOROUS HIGH SCHOOL CURRICULUM