Vol. 6 No. 12
June 12, 2006
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 6, No. 12
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- HOUSE SUBCOMMITTEE PASSES EDUCATION SPENDING BILL: Overall Education Spending Essentially Flat, Striving Readers Slated to Receive a $5 Million Increase
- THE CONDITION OF EDUCATION 2010: NCES Report Offers Special Analysis on High-Poverty Schools
- THE CONDITION OF EDUCATION: American High School Students Struggle to Compete Internationally in Math and Science; Rank is Higher in Reading but Below International Average
- IOWA AIMS TO IMPROVE COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE: New Legislation Will Raise Graduation Standards, Provide Additional Funding for Dropout Prevention and Teacher Salaries
- A++ FOR FLORIDA: New Law Establishes Core Curriculum for Middle and High School Students, Requires High School Students to Choose a Major
- MICHIGAN BUSINESSES DISSATISFIED WITH GRADUATES: Survey Stresses Importance of Continued Education After High School