Vol. 6 No. 11
May 30, 2006
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 6, No. 11
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- HOUSE PASSES BUDGET RESOLUTION: Prospects of a Compromise with the Senate Appear Dim
- OLDER STUDENTS’ SCIENCE SCORES REMAIN FLAT: “Nation’s Report Card” Scores Show Gains in Early Grades but No Improvement in Middle and High Schools
- FLORIDA SEES READING GAINS: Coaches and Personalized Plans Translate into Higher Reading Scores
- TAKING THE LEAD: Maryland Becomes First State in Nation to Codify NGA Compact
- CALIFORNIA SUPREME COURT REINSTATES STATE GRADUATION EXAM: State Ruling Could Prove Crucial as Other States Develop Exit Exams
- ALLIANCE FOR EXCELLENT EDUCATION HOLDS FORUM ON DATA-DRIVEN DECISIONMAKING