Vol. 6 No. 10
May 16, 2006
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 6, No. 10
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- BUDGET IMPASSE CONTINUES IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: Moderates’ Push for Additional Domestic Spending Postpones Budget Vote
- SUCCESS IN THE MIDDLE: New Report Says that a National Policy for Middle Grades is Lacking, Outlines Specific Steps to Improve Middle School Education
- READY FOR COLLEGE AND READY FOR WORK: Report Finds that All High School Students Need Rigorous Curriculum, Regardless of Their Post-Graduation Plans
- MEETING FIVE CRITICAL CHALLENGES OF HIGH SCHOOL REFORM: Report Examines Proven Methods to Turn Around Low-Performing High Schools
- TROUBLES BOIL OVER IN CHICAGO HIGH SCHOOL: Infusion of New Students Leads to Gang Warfare and Violence in the Hallways