Vol. 6 No. 1
January 09, 2006
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 6, No. 1
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- EDUCATION PROGRAMS RECEIVE LITTLE FUNDING: Striving Readers One of Only a Handful of Programs to Receive Small Increase in Funding as Congress Cuts Federal Support for Most Education Programs
- CONVENTIONAL WISDOM UNDER ATTACK: New Report Finds Poor Math Performance at All Grade Levels When Compared to Other Countries
- BACK IN BLACK: New Report Notes that State Revenues Are Up, but Challenges Especially Medicaid Spending Remain
- OFF AND RUNNING: In State of the State Addresses, Governors Include Proposals That Would Benefit Middle and High School Students
- A DECADE OF DECLINE: Survey Finds a Decline in Literacy Skills Among College Graduates