Vol. 5 No. 9
May 09, 2005
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 5, No. 9
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- AMERICANS SPEAK ON EDUCATION: Public Credits Education System for U.S. Success in the World, but Worries About Future Unless Changes are Made in High Schools
- PATHWAYS FOR ALL STUDENTS TO SUCCEED: New Senate Legislation Seeks to Raise Graduation Rates and Improve High Schools
- CONGRESS PASSES FISCAL 2006 BUDGET: $5.4 Billion Education Amendment Dropped in House-Senate Conference Negotiations
- STUDYING THE PAST TO IMPACT TODAY: RAND Examines Narrowing of the Achievement Gap from 1972 to 1992, Makes Recommendations for Today
- IS IGNORANCE BLISS? New Survey Finds a Public Largely Unaware of the High School Dropout Problem and Its Effect on the Economy
- A CALL TO ACTION: High School Alliance Issues Six-Point Framework for Transforming High Schools