Vol. 5 No. 21
November 14, 2005
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 5, No. 21
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- TOWARD A MORE LITERATE NATION: Alliance for Excellent Education Hosts Symposium on Reading and Writing Instruction in Secondary Schools
- BUDGET FIGHTS CONTINUE: Bush Asks for Deeper Cuts; Partisan Battles in Congress Erupt Over Cuts to Mandatory Spending Programs
- THE SOCIAL COSTS OF INADEQUATE EDUCATION: Research Pegs Costs of High School Dropouts at Hundreds of Billions of Dollars
- STATES ENGAGE IN FUZZY MATH: New U.S. Department of Education Analysis Finds a Majority of States Way Off on Graduation Rate Calculations
- MERIT PAY GAINING GROUND?: Denver Voters Approve Plan, Other States Consider Paying for Performance