Vol. 5 No. 18
October 03, 2005
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 5, No. 18
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- HOUSE CONSERVATIVES PUSH FOR OFFSETS TO SPENDING ON HURRICANE RELIEF: Education Programs On the Table
- THE MILLION STUDENT MARCH (OUT THE DOOR): U.S. Secretary of Education Says One Million Students Drop Out Every Year, Costing the Nation $260 Billion
- SLIP, SLIDING AWAY: International Report Finds “Cause for Concern” in United States’s Educational System as Other Countries Move Ahead
- LOW-INCOME AND MINORITY STUDENTS LEFT BEHIND: Analysis of Indiana State Tests Shows That Scores Decline and Achievement Gap Widens as Students Enter Higher Grades
- STRIVING READERS UPDATE: Eligibility Criteria Expanded, Additional Q&A Sessions Planned