Vol. 5 No. 15
August 01, 2005
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 5, No. 15
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- WHAT’S IN A NUMBER?: The Nation’s Governors and the U.S. Department of Education Weigh In on the Graduation Rate Debate
- LOST IN TRANSLATION: International Improvements in Access to Primary Education Fall Short at the Secondary Level
- TEXAS TEACHER QUALITY SURVEY: Students in Low-Income Schools Likely to be Taught by Less Experienced, Poorly Qualified Teachers
- “BILL GATES’ GUINEA PIGS”: An In-Depth Look at High School Transformation Through the Eyes of a Gates Grantee
- TEN GRANTS AWARDED UNDER SMALLER LEARNING COMMUNITIES SPECIAL COMPETITION: Program Will Serve as the National Research Evaluation of Supplemental Reading Programs for Striving Ninth-Grade Readers