Vol. 4 No. 9
May 17, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 4, No. 9
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- GRADUATION FOR ALL, A RIGHT AND A RESPONSIBILITY: National Campaign to Focus on Increasing High School Graduation Rates
- MAKING A GOOD EDUCATION WIDELY AVAILABLE: Fattah and Frost Say There Has Been Too Little Change in Fifty Years Since Brown v. Board
- KERRY OFFERS DETAILS ON EDUCATION AGENDA: Plan Focuses on Graduation Rates and Highly Qualified Teachers
- TRANSFORMING HIGH SCHOOLS: New Study Finds Quality of Instruction the Key to Success
- PUSHED OUT OR PULLED UP?: New Manhattan Institute Report Argues Exit Exams Do Not Affect Graduation Rates
- TEACHER PREPARATION AND STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT IN EIGHTH-GRADE MATHEMATICS: Eighth-Grade Students Score Higher under the Tutelage of Well-Qualified Teachers