Vol. 4 No. 7
April 19, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 4, No. 7
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- FROM THE PRISON TRACK TO THE COLLEGE TRACK: New Report Examines Pathways to Postsecondary Success for Out-of-School Youth
- IT’S TIME TO TELL THE KIDS: High School Performance Affects College Work and Prospects in the Job Market
- ANOTHER NEW VISION FOR NAEP: New Plan from President Bush Incorporates Commission’s Recommendation for Twelfth-Grade NAEP
- BEATING THE ODDS: Urban School Districts Make Gains Under No Child Left Behind, According to New Report
- EDUCATION REMAINS A TOP CONCERN AMONG AMERICAN VOTERS