Vol. 4 No. 6
April 05, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 4, No. 6
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- IMPROVING THE LIVES OF OUR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: Alliance and Scholastic Co-Host Invitational High School Literacy Summit in Phoenix
- LEVELING THE PLAYING FIELD FOR DC GRADUATES: Congressional Committee Reviews DC Tuition Assistance Grant Program
- SHOW ME THE MONEY: Denver Teachers Approve a Pay for Performance Plan
- ON TO CONFERENCE: House Passes Budget Plan, Does Not Allow Vote on $5.7 Billion Education Amendment
- STATE COMMISSION RECOMMENDS BILLIONS FOR NEW YORK SCHOOLS: Governor’s Commission Calls for $2.5 Billion to $5.6 Billion Increase in Funding
- GAO REPORT URGES U.S. DEPARTMENTS OF LABOR AND EDUCATION TO WORK TOGETHER ON DROPOUTS