Vol. 4 No. 4
March 08, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 4, No. 4
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- IT’S EDUCATION: Greenspan Stresses the Importance of Education to Improving Job Prospects, Incomes, and Living Standards
- LOSING OUR FUTURE: New Report Finds Minority Students Face Fifty-Fifty Odds of Graduating from High School
- FLORIDIANS REAFFIRM SUPPORT FOR CLASS-SIZE AMENDMENT
- LAYING DOWN THE LAW: Colorado Literacy Program Benefits Struggling Students
- SMALL LEARNING COMMUNITIES PAY OFF IN HOUSTON: Greater Personal Attention Leads to a Student’s Success
- NEW YORK CITY TO ELIMINATE MOST MIDDLE SCHOOLS
- BROOKLYN HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS FED UP WITH SOCIAL PROMOTION