Vol. 4 No. 20
November 29, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 4, No. 20
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- HOUSE PREVAILS IN CUTTING EDUCATION BELOW SENATE BILL AND THE PRESIDENT’S REQUEST: Final FY2005 Education Budget Fails to Make Promised Investments in Education Improvement
- SECRETARY PAIGE STEPS DOWN: White House Adviser Margaret Spellings Appointed New U.S. Secretary of Education
- EDUCATION BALLOT INITIATIVES SEE MIXED RESULTS ACROSS THE COUNTRY: Creative Funding Options See Support, Tax Increases Rejected
- NEW REPORT FINDS HIGHER MATH SCORES MIGHT NOT REPRESENT GAINS IN STUDENT ABILITY
- NEW REPORT FINDS HIGH ATTRITION RATES AMONG TEXAS HIGH SCHOOLS: Two Million Students Failed to Graduate Between 1985 and 2004