Vol. 4 No. 2
February 09, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 4, No. 2
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- FY 2005 BUDGET RELEASED: President Opens Door to High School Initiatives, but Disappoints School Districts by Underfunding NCLB
- FROM THE CAPITAL TO THE CLASSROOM: Center on Education Policy Report Examines Year Two of NCLB
- TURNING THE TABLES ON “OVERIDENTIFICATION”: Report Finds Limited-English-Proficient Students Underrepresented in Special Education Programs
- NOT YET OUT OF REACH: Milwaukee Program Works to Reintroduce Dropouts to School
- STUDY CALLS FOR ADDITIONAL $7 BILLION FOR “SOUND BASIC EDUCATION” FOR NEW YORK SCHOOLCHILDREN