Vol. 4 No. 17
October 12, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 4, No. 17
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- PROFILES IN LEADERSHIP: Alliance Releases a Collection of Essays from America’s Foremost Education Innovators
- TEACHER LOAN FORGIVENESS EXPANDED: Congress Passes Temporary Fix for Student Loan Loophole, Transfers Savings to Expand Incentives for Teachers in High-Poverty Schools
- D.C. TUITION ASSISTANCE GRANT PROGRAM RECEIVES 50 PERCENT FUNDING INCREASE
- OHIO’S EDUCATION MATTERS: New Poll Finds Overwhelming Support for Increasing High School Graduation Rates and College Enrollment Among Ohioans
- NEW GAO REPORT FINDS THAT RURAL SCHOOLS FACE A UNIQUE CHALLENGE IN MEETING NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND PROVISIONS