Vol. 4 No. 16
September 27, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 4, No. 16
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- SENATE COMMITTEE PROVIDES $3.2 BILLION INCREASE FOR EDUCATION PROGRAMS: Final Budget Not Expected Until After Election
- GRADUATION PLANS GAIN MOMENTUM ON CAPITOL HILL: Plan Would Help Students Progress Through High School and Identify Additional Supports Needed
- RECENT STUDY SHOWS NATIONAL BOARD-CERTIFIED TEACHERS IMPROVE STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT
- TEXAS JUDGE OVERTURNS SCHOOL FINANCE SYSTEM: Deems “Robin Hood” Funding System Unconstitutional
- BUMPS IN THE ROAD LEAD TO A WORTHWHILE DESTINATION: Clifford Janey Named Superintendent of Washington, D.C., Schools