Vol. 4 No. 15
September 13, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 4, No. 15
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- MUST BE IN THE FRONT ROW!: High Schools, Graduation Rates Receive New Attention from Policy Community and World of Politics
- MOTHER, SHOULD I TRUST THE GOVERNMENT?: National Center for Education Statistics and U.S. Census Bureau Data Understate Dropout Problem
- NCLB AND GRADUATION RATES: Double Standard in Reporting Test Scores and Graduation Rates?
- NEW METHODS EMERGE TO TRACK GRADUATION RATES
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO EXAMINE BETTER METHODS FOR COUNTING GRADUATES