Vol. 4 No. 14
July 26, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress Volume 4, No. 14
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here add your name to our mailing list.
- HOUSE COMMITTEE APPROVES $100 MILLION FOR STRIVING READERS: Smaller Learning Communities Cut by $72 Million
- STATE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT: New Report Finds Teacher Prep Is One of the Greatest Challenges
- AMERICANS SPEAK ON PUBLIC SCHOOL FUNDING: Majority of Americans Say Schools in Poor Neighborhoods Are Either Inadequate or in Crisis
- THE TALENT DEVELOPMENT HIGH SCHOOL MODEL: New Report Finds Substantial Gains in Course-Completion and Promotion Rates Among Ninth Graders
- ALLIANCE CO-HOSTS SUMMER BREAKFAST SERIES: Leaders in Education Discuss Successful High School Transformation and Increasing Graduation Rates
- BRIDGING THE LITERACY ACHIEVEMENT GAP: New Book Points to Improving Literacy Skills Among Adolescents as a Way to Close the Gap