Vol. 4 No. 11
June 14, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 4, No. 11
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- GOVERNOR BUSH SIGNS MIDDLE GRADES REFORM ACT, SENDS 250 READING COACHES INTO FLORIDA MIDDLE SCHOOLS
- THE CONDITION OF EDUCATION: New Report Finds “Promise” but Need for Improvement in High Schools
- KIDS COUNT: New Report Examines Disconnected High School-Aged Youth, the “Most At-Risk” Population
- TIME FOR SOME ACTION: What Policymakers Are Saying About the American High School
- DO GRADUATION TESTS MEASURE UP?: New Report Finds that High School Exit Exams Lack Rigor