Vol. 4 No. 1
January 26, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 4, No. 1
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- PRESIDENT CALLS FOR NEW EDUCATION PLAN: “Jobs for the 21st Century” to Provide Extra Help for Middle and High School Students
- TWO-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND: Perspectives from Paige, Kennedy, the Public, Superintendents, and Principals
- TELLING THE WHOLE TRUTH (OR NOT): New Reports from the Education Trust Shed Light on Reporting Highly Qualified Teachers and Graduation Rates
- Florida Gov. Jeb Bush Announces Plan to Create Reading Program for Middle School Students
- MORE PAY FOR BETTER WORK: Louis Gerstner’s Teaching Commission Calls for Action to Overhaul the Teaching Profession