Vol. 3 No. 9
May 12, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 9
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- EDUCATION SHOVED ASIDE: House Passes $550 Billion Tax Plan, Leaves Out Popular Education Initiatives
- THE ALLIANCE FOR EXCELLENT EDUCATION LAUNCHES HIGH-QUALITY TEACHER AWARENESS EFFORT
- HOUSE PASSES REAUTHORIZATION OF SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW: Mandatory Full Funding Left Out
- LITERACY TROUBLES IN OUR NATION’S HIGH SCHOOLS: California Columnist Offers Possible Suggestions for Parents
- YOU SAY YOU WANT A REVOLUTION?: National Writing Commission Calls for New Emphasis on Writing Skills
- ROLLER COASTER RIDE FOR SMALL CLASS SIZE IN CALIFORNIA: Budget Cuts Force Districts to Consider Up to 32 Students Per Class