Vol. 3 No. 5
March 17, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 5
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- THE WAR ON SCHOOLS: New York Times Columnist Challenges the Country to Provide a Basic Public School Education for All Children
- BUDGET DEBATES BEGIN ON CAPITOL HILL: Secretary Paige Testifies, House and Senate Budget Committees Consider Budget Resolutions
- SERVING HOMELESS STUDENTS: Massachusetts Elementary School Educates Unique Student Population
- ONLINE TEACHERS COLLEGE OFFERS FULL CERTIFICATION THROUGH THE INTERNET
- STATE BARRIERS UNDERMINE STUDENT ASPIRATIONS: New Report Finds Disconnect Between High School Graduation and Success in College
- STATE BUDGET SHORTFALLS DISPROPORTIONATELY AFFECT HIGHER EDUCATION SPENDING: New Alert Finds that Existing State Tax Structures Cannot Adequately Fund Higher Education Budgets