Vol. 3 No. 4
March 03, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 4
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- EMPTY-HANDED GOVERNORS?: NGA Denied Federal Relief in Meetings with President Bush
- INVESTMENT IN EDUCATION PAYS OFF: International Report Links Education Spending and Economic Growth
- PRINCIPAL’S PLEDGE: Secondary School Principals Hold Themselves Accountable for NCLB Requirements, but Ask for Resources to do the Job
- INVESTING IN EDUCATION IS A TOP PRIORITY: Education Spending Should be Protected from State Budget Cuts According to New Poll
- GATES FOUNDATION DONATES $31 MILLION FOR ALTERNATIVE SCHOOLS: Gift Will Create 168 Schools for Students Failed by Traditional Large Comprehensive High Schools
- REPUBLICANS INTRODUCE NEW VOUCHER LEGISLATION: Plan Would Create Private School Choice Programs While Expanding Teacher Loan Forgiveness
- Charlotte, N.C., Program Teaches Reading to High School Students