Vol. 3 No. 21
December 10, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 21
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- HOUSE PASSES EDUCATION SPENDING BILL, SENATE ACTION NOT EXPECTED UNTIL JANUARY: 4.8 Percent Increase for Education is Smallest in Eight Years
- D.C. VOUCHER PROGRAM APPEARS LIKELY: Congressional Republican Leaders Roll Measure into Omnibus Bill
- ECONOMIC OUTLOOK IS BRIGHTER, BUT SOME STATES STILL STRUGGLE WITH BUDGET SHORTFALLS
- NATIONAL ORGANIZATION WORKS AGAINST TAX INCREASES FOR SCHOOLS: Effects Felt in Alabama and Oregon
- ARKANSAS TAKES A LOOK AT ADEQUACY: Study Finds $838 Million Needed to Provide an Adequate Education
- COST-CUTTING MASQUERADES AS EDUCATION POLICY: States Propose to Eliminate the Senior Year