Vol. 3 No. 20
November 19, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 20
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- LITERACY, ADEQUACY, AND EQUITY: Alliance Hosts First Annual Invitational Conference on American High School Policy
- READING FOR THE 21ST CENTURY: Improving the Literacy of Children in Grades Four through 12
- THE LITERACY COACH: A Key to Improving Teaching and Learning in Secondary Schools
- INVESTING IN THE EDUCATION OF OLDER STUDENTS: A Summary of the Evidence
- NEEDS IMPROVEMENT: Progress Report on American High Schools
- STATE FUNDING GAPS: New Education Trust Report Finds Large Funding Gaps Between High- and Low-Poverty School Districts