Vol. 3 No. 19
November 03, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 19
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- LEFT OUT AND LEFT BEHIND: Economic and Social Repercussions of High School Dropouts
- STATES REPORT NUMBER OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEACHERS: State Officials Admit Guesswork in Reporting Data
- READY FOR TOMORROW: National Governors Association Calls for a Focus on High Schools to Help All Students Achieve Secondary and Postsecondary Success
- “CRAM SCHOOLS” FIND NEW PARTICIPANTS IN URBAN AREAS: African-American, Hispanic, and Indian Students Fill Nontraditional Schools
- OVER 194,000 STUDENTS SPEAK OUT DURING “SPEAK UP DAY”: Results from Student Survey to Help Shape U.S. Department of Education Technology Plan