Vol. 3 No. 18
October 20, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 18
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION HOSTS HIGH SCHOOL CONFERENCE: Paige Offers Strong Rhetoric, But No New Initiatives
- IMPLEMENTATION OF NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT MEETS WITH OBSTACLES AT STATE AND LOCAL LEVEL
- NEW YORK CITY VOTERS TO CONSIDER CLASS-SIZE ISSUE: Rising Enrollments, NCLB Transfer Provisions Lead to Extreme Overcrowding
- A TALE OF TWO STATES: Alabama and Oregon Head in Opposite Directions in Funding Education
- ADOLESCENT LITERACY COACHES CATCH ON IN ST. LOUIS: Grades Improve for Middle School Students Under New Program