Vol. 3 No. 13
July 07, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 13
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- Highest New York Court Requires “Meaningful High School Education”: Court Declares School Funding System Unconstitutional
- Senate Moves Funding Bill: Appropriations Committee Includes $1.5 Billion Increase for Education, Falls Below House Mark
- BUSH TOUTS D.C. CHOICE PROGRAM: New Program Would Offer $7,500 Per Student for Private School Tuition
- STATES’ FINANCIAL WOES CONTINUE: States Begin a New Fiscal Year, but Face the Same Old Budget Problems
- FOR THE RECORD: Supreme Court Decision Highlights the Need for Education Investment