Vol. 3 No. 12
June 23, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 12
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- HOUSE BEGINS CONSIDERATION OF THIS YEAR’S EDUCATION FUNDING BILL: First Version Falls Short of Congressional Promises
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION APPROVES STATE ACCOUNTABILITY PLANS: Fifty States Are Approved, but Some Issues Still Up for Debate
- NATIONAL TEST SUPPORTS NEED FOR AN ADOLESCENT LITERACY PROGRAM
- HISPANICS BECOME THE LARGEST MINORITY: Even as They Achieve New Status, Hispanics Continue to Battle High Dropout Rate
- UNEMPLOYMENT RATE FOR COLLEGE GRADUATES HOLDS STEADY: Rate Continues to Climb for High School Dropouts