Vol. 3 No. 11
June 10, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 11
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- HOUSE COMMITTEE MARKS-UP TEACHER QUALITY BILL: Proposal Includes Loan Forgiveness for Teachers
- STAND BY ME: Public Agenda Survey Reveals Teachers Views on Key Issues
- GRADUATION DAY FOR MANY, JUST ANOTHER DAY FOR OTHERS: Students, States Feel the Pressure of Exit Exams
- EDUCATION MANDATES, TIGHT STATE BUDGETS FORCE STATES TO CONSIDER OTHER FUNDING ALTERNATIVES
- AMERICA’S BEST HIGH SCHOOLS?: Washington Post Education Reporter Ranks Top Secondary Schools